Tuesday, January 15, 2019

What you can expect when booking a Maternity Session with Debby Ditta Photography


When searching for a newborn and maternity photographer there are several things to consider like budget, talent and style of the photographer, locations, and what is included in the session (just to name a few).  Today, you'll see a peek into what a maternity session is like when working with me, Debby Ditta of Debby Ditta Photography.  When considering a photographer, after reviewing their websites and prices the best way to get to know their personality is to talk by phone.  If you are nervous about having your pictures taken, chances are that the right photographer for you will answer all your questions and make you excited about the upcoming session in just one phone call.  My personality as the photographer/artist is professional but easy going.  Many of my clients feel like family after a session and I have become close friends over the years with many of them.  I believe in giving information... as you will see with all of the information in this blog post :)   I'll talk on the phone to introduce myself and talk about sessions, pricing, and the process of what to expect.  After booking a session, I will send out an information packet email.  My goal is to prepare the client ahead of time so there are no unanswered questions or nervous jitters.  

To reserve a session, we talk about location suggestions, clothing styling for the session, best date and time for the estimated due date, and a possible back up date in case of inclement weather.  Once the session has booked (1. I take a non-refundable retainer by invoice sent to client's email 2. A Legal photography contract is signed by the client 3. A new client questionnaire is filled out online by client).   These steps officially reserve the session.  

The session investment pricing is listed in detail on the main website ( www.debbyditta.com ) .  I offer the session as a separate investment from the Photographic Prints, Canvas and Wood Block Products and Digital Packages.  

If you choose to wear a gown from my Photographer's Maternity Gown collection, we would set up a date and time to stop by the studio for a fitting.  Fittings usually take about 20 minutes.  It is best to have a fitting about a month before your session date to plan the clothing for anyone else included in the session.  You may ask....???  Who else can be included in the session?  The answer is, anyone in the immediate family is included in my sessions.  Spouse or significant other, and older siblings are welcome to be included (up to 5 members of immediate family at no extra person fee, if you have a bigger family, please inquire about pricing). 

On session day, we meet at the location chosen by the client.  I like to arrive before my clients, so nobody has to wait for me.   Clients should arrive dressed and ready to be photographed, unless client is using one of the photographer's gowns.  I may have a portable dressing room - pop up tent for client to dress if needed.  I know being in front of a camera can be awkward, but I understand.   At the session I will be in the field with my clients, guiding them into each pose to complement their body.  I'll photograph at the best angles to make you look like your "best you".   I'll help fix hair, straighten clothes, tell them when to smile, when to look down, etc.  You do not need to know a thing about posing, I'll help with that.  

During the session I photograph a mix of posed (where everyone is happy looking at the camera) and photo-journalistic images (these are actually semi-posed directed by me but have the feeling of emotion behind the images) .   If small children are attending the session, I tell the corniest jokes and we have lots of laughs.  There is nothing serious about photographing children, and it is a serious free zone.  








For this session, my client selected to use the Wine ruffled boho gown and the Gray Winter Gowns from my Photographer's Maternity Closet.



Even though my client has two children already, she had never had a maternity session for herself.  I'm so happy she chose to document what her family looked like at this moment in time.  She will always have the memory of how she looked while pregnant.






Maternity sessions are not all about the Mamma only.  Maternity sessions are really about the couple and about the family.  It's almost like an engagement session, but there's a baby belly going on.  










While their mother was changing into the gray maternity gown, I photographed the big sisters.  



We scheduled this session in the Fall season about an hour before sunset.  I schedule sessions around the best light of the day.  Sometimes that is right after sunrise at 7:30am, and other times it is in the evening right before sunset.  From start to finish the session only took about 45 minutes to photograph (even with a clothing change). 



To all the men out there that your lady is making you take pictures:  I get it!  I will be as fast (and painless) as possible when you are being photographed and promise to make you look cool.  She will thank you later for your cooperation with ice cream or BBQ  ;) 





I am truly excited for every expectant client and every single newborn baby I meet.  I absolutely love the way pregnancy looks on a glowing mother.  I know the 10 months time of pregnancy happens so quickly and it is important to document this season of life.  


www.debbyditta.com

www.debbyditta.photoshelter.com

www.facebook.com/DebbyDittaPhotography


Debby Ditta is a professional newborn baby, child, family, and maternity photographer in Tomball, Houston Texas area.  Serving the surrounding areas of Magnolia, Hockley, Pinehurst, Stagecoach, Conroe, Spring, The Woodlands, Montgomery, Sugarland, Katy, New Waverly, Cypress, The Heights, Champions, Huntsville.  Professional and Artistic Photography of newborns in studio and Maternity, child, baby, family, sessions available on location.  Approved newborn photographer

Debby Ditta specializes in posed studio and outdoor newborn photography with a vintage, neutral, organic, and natural style. 




No comments:

Post a Comment